Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally some pics for you

I had to post all the pics as individual posts because blogger was not working with them all together. well Saturday i talked Micah's dad into taking me to the knitters connection down in Columbus. I couldn't afford to go to the classes but i still wanted to go to the yarn market. It was amazing. lots of booths and lots of yarn. wow. I met the Creator of yarn love yarn. She was really nice. you can buy her stuff at http://www.shopyarnlove.com/. I didn't have but five bucks on me but i think i made out pretty good. I came home with two skeins of yarn and some charms that say "made with love" so you can knit them right on to a project. That is a funny story how i got the charms.

I was wearing my GG shawl and the women running the fiberworks booth asked me about the yarn i made it out of. She had just began to carry jojoland melody yarn and liked the way it worked up. I told her what a great deal i got on the yarn from eBay and she said that i bought it cheaper than what she pays. YEAH for me!!!! I told her I always hunt for a good deal. I let her know how cheap i got my Denise knitting needles and she said she was gonna cry. Then she said that i should do all her buying, lol. Just then a women came up asking about the Denise needles. The lady running the booth just pointed to me. I let the customer know how much i love the needles and showed her how u can link them together, I pulled mine out of my purse (project on the needles) and she said "sold". She bought the set right then and there. I laughed and said "hey, I should get a commission off of that sale", lol. The women behind the counter said yes and threw something at me. It was a bag of twenty of the charms. I really didn't expect anything but was very grateful, how nice of her.

Before we left i wanted to head back over to the HBC weaving booth so i could get his card and write down the name of the yarn i fell in love with. When i asked josh to go get the yarn for me he brought it back and said "why are you gonna write it down?" I told him i want to order it later (really it's just cuz I'm broke and the yarn cost 29 dollars). He said "well here now you wont forget the name" and he put it on the counter. I was so shocked i couldn't stop smiling. He bought it for me. I was just so happy he brought me but to buy me yarn too. wow.

I did have a women comment several times how great it was that he would come with me to the yarn market. she said her husband never would of came, and she would say again what a great guy he is to come with me. I could see his head swell but he did deserve the attention. Not many men would do that.

He always surprises me, just not always in a good way like this weekend. lol.

well enjoy the pics, I'll have some new ones tomorrow from our trip to the "pawfest" for dogs (how strange for people without a dog).
best wishes and happy stitches
Mandie

No comments: