Monday, July 23, 2007

sheryl crow here I come



Do I have a story for you. I was on my way to work last week, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about people who have stupid fears. Well i have a bit of a drive to get to work so i called in. The women asked what i was afraid of and then wanted my cell phone number. I told her about my fear of kittens, YES KITTENS. Go ahead and laugh, everyone does. After i was done talking to them i turned my radio back on and listened to the rest of the show. Then the DJ says that there is a twist to this fear thing. Just then my cell phone rang. It was one of the interns asking if i would be willing to face my fear for front row tickets to see Sheryl Crow and the Counting Crows. I said yes.


They put me back on air and asked me again. I said that i would do it.

I went into the station on Friday to face my fear. If you would like to hear what happened to me here is the link to the pod cast: http://www.925kissfm.com/cc-common/podcast.html

If you scroll down you will see the pic of a cat, clown and a needle. I really don't know why I'm scared of cats and kittens but i am. I've never been scratched and have never been bitten. I have actually been trapped in my car before because there was a cat outside. They always seem to find me.


Not a whole lot to say for knitting news right now. I will have a pic to add soon from my knitting group. we finally were able to donate some afghans to the foster care children of my county. I will also be able to post some pics of my latest package from a swap. It seems that one of the busiest women alive had me in the swap and actually was working on getting my package out. I feel really bad for complaining about the wait, she took really good care of me.

I'll have pics soon, i promise. Busy, busy, Mandie, lots of work to do.


My concert is next Monday and I'll be in the second row. If i can take pics you know i will.

Thanks all,

happy stitches and best wishes.

Mandie

No comments: